Please note: due to recent supply issues, tingsha bells are currently on back order. Please your order today to receive from our next shipment.
Our Tingsha bells are comprised of two cymbals; 7.5cm in diameter, joined together by a leather strap.
These bells are often used by Tibetan Buddhist practitioners in their prayers and in rituals. When struck, these Tingsha bells produce a distinctive tone, which is why they are used in space clearing and energy balancing.
Originating in Tibet, they are usually known as Taa in Nepali.
The Tingsha cymbals are among the many ritual instruments used in Tibetan Buddhism. These instruments are used to focus awareness and are used to signal the start and the end of group meditations. It is believed that the ring of the cymbals help clear the mind in preparation for long meditative sessions.
How to Use
Hang the tingsha bells by the leather cord, one in each hand, ensuring the rims are the same height. Strike them together; a harder strike creates a louder tone
Clearing of Space/Rooms
One of the most popular uses of Tingsha bells is the space clearing.
When tapped, the cymbals resonate a unique, identical bell sound that provides a pure, cleansing effect. The sound is believed to clear low vibrational energy – even the negative ones.
Reasons for Space Clearing
Space clearing is done for a variety of reasons. Some are few of the following:
- Moving to new houses or workspaces. It is believed that the place still carries old, negative energy residues from the previous occupants. In order to start anew, space clearing is necessary to drive away all remaining negative energies.
- After experiencing an illness. Clearing spaces after experiencing an illness will help your household/area to feel more refreshed. Prior to doing so, make sure to thoroughly clean the area, wash all bedding and open all windows.
- After someone has died. Space clearing after someone has died will help remove all negative emotional residues in the place.
Other than space clearing, Tingsha bells are used for toning.
Toning is a traditional therapeutic technique used to relieve mental stress and achieve healing. The toning process uses sound, this case, the bell sound, to release blockers in the body and to promote natural flow of energy.
Reasons for Toning
Toning offers therapeutic effects in the body that is why many people who are into alternative medicine conduct the practice. The following are some of the reasons why you should also try toning:
- Increase concentration and meditation
- Pursue higher levels of awareness
- Allieviate thoughts of stress, depression and grief
- Clearing of energy resulting in increse of confidence, positivity and zest
- Increase in focus and concentration
- Creating a change of state of mind i.e with children or in therapy.
Toning can help alleviate all the difficulties mentioned above. In addition, it also offers immediate therapeutic relief and alleviates stress in almost any circumstance